Body cams are mainly used in the security industry. In addition to the classic documentation and preservation of evidence in conflict and dangerous situations for the police or in local and long-distance traffic, the cameras also serve other fields of application in which the focus is primarily on live streaming.
How does The Body Cam Live Stream Work?
With the NetCo body cam version “Connect”, recordings from the location of the event can be transmitted directly to another location via live stream. A body cam live stream can optionally be established via WLAN, LTE or, depending on the camera’s settings, also via a media player such as VLC. If the body cam is connected to the server and switched on, but is not in the SmartHub, a live stream can be retrieved from the camera. The streaming body cam is then marked with orange color in the device overview in the management software. It is also possible to call up the live stream of several body cams in the device overview.
Lone worker — Live Remote Support
What are the challenges for lone workers?
Employees who work in the field and take on repairs, for example, are often left to their own devices in their daily work. The only contact with colleagues for questions is via telephone. The field service employee has to explain the situation on site to his colleagues at a distance in a long-winded and eloquent manner, which can be particularly complicated in the case of complex technical problems with machines. The work process drags on and often no direct solution can be found — the field service employee has to postpone solving the problem.
What can body cam live streaming assist lone workers with?
If the lone worker uses a body cam, he can attach it to his work clothes with a suitable holder (see Matching Accessories For Body Cams — NetCo Professional Services GmbH) and has both hands free for his work to be done. If he has any questions for his colleagues, he can quickly activate the body cam live stream and transmit live images to his colleagues’ smartphone, tablet or computer.
These are the advantages at a glance:
- Savings in travel costs: additional employees do not have to travel to the scene of the event, but can give instructions via live stream.
- Immediate support from a distance: With the body cam live stream, the field worker can connect directly with his colleagues and receive quick help and guidance on his issue through the live images.
- Visual and efficient communication: The lone worker can use live streaming to not only literally explain the problem to his colleagues on site, but also show them a picture of it.
For strong teams: visual communication also increases colleague cohesion and improves collaboration.
Increased Security And Fast Communication Through Live Images At Major Events
What are the challenges at large events?
Security concepts for sporting events or concerts have to be planned well in advance; on the day of the events, a smooth flow of the security chain has to be ensured in case of incidents. But not all scenarios that can endanger the safety of event participants can be foreseen. If a dangerous situation arises, the emergency forces must act quickly.
How does a body cam live stream provide more security at large events?
If the security forces closest to the dangerous situation are equipped with a body cam, they can transmit what is happening on site with live images directly to the central control center, from where further measures can be coordinated. In this way, the emergency forces do not have to provide a situation report, but can immediately seek assistance on site due to the modern technology and the automatically transmitted live information.
These are the advantages at a glance:
- Fast and improved risk assessment: Visual communication through the live images transmitted by the body cam creates transparency from the situation on site and provides mission coordination with important insight into how high the security risk is for event participants and how many additional security personnel are needed. This information guarantees a quick response in the security management process.
- Efficient communication: personnel at the scene of the incident can communicate immediately with the central operations coordination without having to use a lot of words and can coordinate the best possible course of action for the operation directly.
- Increased safety: Speed and efficient communication lead to more safety at a large event and thus protect more participants, as valuable time can be saved.
Live Streaming Enables Real-Time Feedback During A Training Session
What are the challenges in training?
In today’s world, training is often organized across companies and conducted online at different locations simultaneously to save time and costs. For this purpose, a live stream is used in real time, which enables the exchange of opinions and question rounds. Conducting training with real-time feedback poses a challenge to the security industry, as practical exercises need to be tested in rapid execution and response. The fire department is a good example to illustrate this difficulty: prospective firefighters rely on the wealth of experience of their instructor or colleagues to assess the hazard situation and how best to respond during an operation. However, their work location varies depending on the call and can also take firefighters into confined and inaccessible spaces where communication options are limited. Some situations happen so quickly that it is almost impossible to reconstruct all the sequences of action in retrospect.
How can the body cam optimize training?
Body cams document situations seamlessly and can also record the sound, so that even fast actions can be analyzed with the help of the image and sound material in the follow-up. The body cam live stream even enables an immediate reaction to the training processes.
These are the advantages at a glance:
- Feedback in real time: With the body cam live stream, instructors/trainers — who are following the training in front of the screen at a different location — can provide their participants with suggestions for improving their actions while the training is still in progress. This enables the immediate implementation and practice of the correct procedure and ensures more safety in the subsequent real-life application.
- Every detail visible: The body cam, which has a 165° wide angle, streams from the training participant’s point of view and offers the instructor/trainer the opportunity to pay attention to the smallest details in addition to the broad overall picture.
- Improvement of procedures: due to the multitude of information provided by the body cam live stream, applied procedures and methods can be better scrutinized and optimized.
Another advantage of body cam recordings: the video and audio footage can be stored for later training purposes or to familiarize new employees. This offers the possibility to collect video material for any potentially dangerous situation and to prepare the personnel in advance for it.
Summary: The Advantages Of Body Cam Live Streaming
In addition to the proven areas of application mentioned above, body cam live streaming can also be integrated into many other processes — for example, it could conceivably be used by paramedics who receive direct instructions from the emergency doctor via live stream in order to help patients in distress even more quickly.
Numerous occupational fields benefit from the visual real-time communication of the live stream in terms of time and cost savings and can facilitate and optimize their internal processes. Especially in the security industry, the use of the live stream leads to even safer procedures and thus protects the population better in the long run.
Would you also like to use the body cam live stream or get advice? Contact us: Contact Body Cam — NetCo Professional Services GmbH